Power 7 with Olivia…
Olivia Sarah-Le Lacheur, General Manager Retail Distribution – Partnership Development, AIA Australia (incorporating CommInsure), has been the National Chair of the AFA Foundation for five years. During this time, the AFA Foundation has delivered over $2m of funds to thousands of charity partners across the country to make a difference in the lives of people in our communities.
- Why is financial advice important to you? Having been in the insurance industry for over a quarter of a century, I’ve seen how the right money at the right time gives people freedom, choices and dignity. Every aspect of financial planning is critical, however insurance is like the solid foundations of a house. Without it, the walls and roof and all that are homed within it are vulnerable.
- Your favourite quote? “Do what is right. Respect others. Perform with Excellence”. Kylie George (past AFA Award winner and regional financial adviser)
- What advice would you give to your younger self? Start every day with optimism. Be a curious learner. Give freely to others. Have an attitude of gratitude. Believe in yourself. And….always leave the nightclub before last drinks are poured and the lights come on…….
- Your most recent ‘high-five’ moment? I like to celebrate something every day, so I’m a regular high fiver……for my team, my family and myself. I’m still high fiving the AFA Foundation Committee and AFA community for giving over $2m to our charity partners to support the amazing work they do across Australia.
- What can we find you doing most weekends? During the week I focus most of my energy on my role, my team, the business and our industry. On the weekends I flick the switch and focus on my family, my community and myself. Weekends are filled with netball and gymnastics (my daughter, not me !!), raising funds or awareness for a cause I am passionate about, or reading a booking while eating breakfast in bed (courtesy of my lovely husband).
- Have you seen anything lately that made you smile? You can find something every day on social media that will make you burst into a smile and laugh out loud !!! There are too many funny things to mention….
- What are you reading right now? I have three books on the go (all paper, no Kindles!!). Something invigorating and inspiring “64 shots, Leadership in a Crazy World” by Kevin Roberts, something frivolous and fun “Sex and Vanity” by Kevin Kwan, and something edifying and educational “The address book” by Deirdre Mask.