Power 7 with Sam…
Sam is a Senior Financial Planner and Partner at Rising Tide, as well as a committee member (and VIC State Chair!) of AFA Genxt. Sam has also been a finalist twice for our AFA rising star awards.
- Why is financial advice important to you?
Most people don’t take the time to think & talk about their goals, let along make decisions to help them achieve those goals.
- What advice would you give to your younger self?
Listen more, talk less – and try to put yourself in other people’s shoes.
- One thing you’ve changed in your workplace during COVID-19
We have moved to holding over 95% of our client meetings on Teams, and we are only going back to the office two days per week
- Your most recent ‘high-five’ moment?
Becoming an equity partner at Rising Tide.
- What can we find you doing most weekends?
Spending time with my partner Tamara and watching sport.
- Have you seen anything lately that made you smile?
Seeing a client’s face when we told them that by diverting their excess cashflow they could save $87,000 & 10 years off their mortgage.
- What are you reading right now?
I’m more of a podcast man – most recently I’ve been listening to Nike’s Trained series.