Joseph Meawad, Senior Financial & Credit Adviser, Trinity Financial Advisers shares how his gift for breaking down complex financial jargon led him to financial advice; how education was the key to being able to travel the world and his most recent ‘high-five’ moment of building a large equity portfolio across borders.
- Why financial advice?
I chose financial advice because money is such a taboo topic. I studied accounting to educate myself and then found that I had a good knack it and at breaking down some complex financial jargon to people who needed that jargon simplified.
- What are you most proud of?
I am most proud of my education – it has allowed me to travel and work around the world.
- Who inspires you?
My wife, looking after 4 young children and studying at the same time is a mammoth effort.
- Your most recent ‘high-five’ moment?Constructing a reasonably large equity portfolio with cross border tax implications.
5. Favourite holiday destination?
Fiji…Fiji…Fiji (Manuka Island).
6. Early or late tech adopter?
Early (begrudgingly-tech and me don’t get on but I am wise enough to realise who is boss).
7. Where will you be in ten years?
Running Trinity Financial Advisers.