The Power 7 with Megan….
Megan Hodge, Director and Financial Planner, Your Wealthy Life, shares why she believes technology is the way of the future for delivering cost effective financial advice, advice she would give to her younger self, plus her most recent high five moment of raising over $80K for charity!
- Why financial advice?I am such a firm believer that with the right education, advice and empowerment we can ignite real positive change for so many people. Money, and talking about money is really difficult for so many people. To be able to help simplify that for clients and give advice around achieving life and financial goals – it’s pretty powerful stuff!
- What are you most proud of?Starting my own practice in November last year. After years of working in various practices I finally had the courage to build the practice and the client community of my dreams. In what has always been a typically male-dominated industry I am proud that I have been able to stick true to my own values and beliefs and hope to pave the way for other females in the industry who have the same dreams and ambitions.
3. Who inspires you?
Sooo many people! I have amazing mentors in my professional networks. The biggest inspiration comes from those that dare to do things a little differently and aren’t afraid to go against the ‘status quo’. My business has banned the words “but we’ve always done it this way.” We strongly believe in innovation, change and constantly improving the client experience.
4. What advice would you give to your younger self?
The power of conversation. Learn early to talk with people from all walks of life – there are always stories to be shared and things to learn from others.
5. Your most recent ‘high-five’ moment?
After being on committees for three years and heavily involved in fundraising for Cancer Council, I ticked off Committee Chair for our local Gawler Relay for Life – running an event with over 300 participants and raising over $80K!
6. Early or late tech adopter?
Early, but hopeless with learning it! Haha. Completely embrace new tech, just not very good with it and always need to have my hand held when implementing something new. I see tech as the way of the future for delivering cost effective financial advice and embrace anything that improves efficiencies and the client experience.
7. Where will you be in 10 years?
Hmmmm 10 years – the Managing Director of a National advice firm, committed to delivering authentic advice to help our clients live their lives with purpose and intention.