Melody Edwards, Personal Financial Adviser, Evalesco Financial Services shares her greatest inspiration, her big hairy audacious goal for 2019 and her most recent high five moment!
- Why financial advice?My background is in IT, so I came into financial advice by accident but it didn’t take long to recognise the value of advice and the good it can do. As financial stress is one of the main detractors to wellbeing, being able to help people and have a positive impact to empower them to lead happy and fulfilling lives is infinitely rewarding.
- What are you most proud of?Adding ‘Mum’ to my list of titles – another hugely challenging yet rewarding role.
3. Who inspires you?
My best friend who has battled cancer for the past 6 years; seeing her positivity and strength shine through the most torturous treatments and uncertain prognoses inspires me to be present, be grateful and to continually strive to be the best version of myself.
4. Your most recent ‘high-five’ moment!
Seeing clients smashing goals whether it is paying off their home faster or bringing forward retirement, it is wonderful to be able to celebrate these achievements and open the door to even more possibilities through our discussions.
5. Favourite holiday destination?
A tough one! I love to travel and have family and friends all around the world so any trip to catch up with them is fantastic. I also love Japan, I’ve been twice now and can’t wait to get back especially to visit during different seasons.
6. The one word you wish everyone would stop using?
Not so much a word but a phrase, ‘if only’; reflecting on your past actions and choices and learning from them is productive but living anchored to what could have been and regret is not.
7. Your big hairy audacious goal for 2019?
To be among the 7% of people thriving in all aspects of wellbeing (career & personal growth, mental & physical health, social, community and financial).