Michael Ward, Financial Adviser at Twilight Financial Planning and Director of Leda Financial Advice shares his passion for pro-bono advice, a recent high-five moment and his big goal for 2019!
1. Why financial advice? Financial advice is my opportunity to help change and transform as many lives as possible for the better.I don’t mean for this to sound egotistical. I love the commitment that this role demands to truly help as many people as I can.
- What are you most proud of?
Without a doubt I am most proud of my Not-for-profit Financial Planning practice – Leda Financial Advice Ltd and the types of clients we’ve been able to assist. Pro-bono advice, advice to people with low (or no) income and with extremely little assets.3. Who inspires you?
Very simply, my parents and my wife. Not because they’ve put up with me for extended periods of time (although I’m glad they do) but because it’s their legacy, their respect that I care about most. They are my harshest critics and the people who will always make me work harder, smarter and faster. They make me question what I do, how I do it and why. Nothing and nobody lights a fire inside me more than the thought of failing these three people.
4. What advice would you give to your younger self?
Ha-ha… How much time do I have?? Ultimately, it would be: find peace, learn to focus and study/read more. But I probably wouldn’t have listened and would’ve told the future me about how good my band was.
5. Your most recent ‘high-five’ moment?
Building a practice that is unphased by the RC.
6. Early or late tech adopter?
Early… I think, but that also depends on who I’m benchmarked against. Very excited for what tech can bring to our profession and how efficient future advice could become. Definitely a tech embracer!
7. Your big hairy audacious goal for 2019?
Ooh, good question. Admittedly my goals are all big, hairy and audacious (kinda like me). A couple I need to keep quiet but a big one is to provide not-for-profit advice to 100 clients by 31st December 2019.