Five things you need to do to ensure you lead a perfectly balanced life
What does it mean to “get balance back”?
When was the last time you felt “balanced” for that matter?
What does “balance” even feel like?
Does balance mean everything is going perfectly for you in your world?
Your inbox is perfectly categorised, your finances are in check, your career is following the right trajectory, your kids are healthy and happy, you are in a loving, fulfilled relationship? You get 7.5 hours of sleep every night? Oh! And don’t forget the recommended daily 60 minutes of physical activity that you just never miss…
If you were like the rest of us humans, maybe just ticking a couple of those boxes would feel awesome. However, in a world where we are constantly being pulled in countless directions, always responding to the demands of others (every time your phone rings, you receive an SMS, your inbox beckons you, your kids/partner/colleagues/ boss call your name) you stop whatever urgent, important task you are doing, to respond to another and another – is it any wonder we find ourselves ‘‘off’’ balance?
Regaining a semblance of balance requires you to remember (or discover) what’s actually important to you in your life … and then spend time there. Spend time doing what makes you feel satisfied, energised, happy and fulfilled.
Here are 5 foolproof (and free) things you can do to ensure you get some balance back in your life and re-connect with numero uno:
- Turn off your phone, hop off your emails, have someone mind your kids
- Decide in advance when you are going to schedule your ‘YOU’ time – then block out your calendar
- Focus on your time like it’s your job
- Learn to say ‘no’ (thank you). Over-scheduling on weekends and weeknights is a sure-fire way to burn out
- Get out into the great outdoors. There’s a big, wide world out there and the best way to revive is disconnecting with Apple and re-connecting with Mother Nature.
Source: This is an edited extract from the Your Best Interests website content hub: “129 things you need to do to ensure you lead a perfectly balanced life”.