The AFA Code of Conduct includes the Six Principles of Professionalism that have been set out in this document. These principles have been approved by the AFA Board.
The 6 Principles of Professionalism set out the minimum professional practice and ethical standards for members of the AFA when providing financial services.
The central objectives of the Code are the achievement of good consumer outcomes and fostering and enhancing the professional reputation of financial advisers.
For the full AFA Code of Conduct please see here: https://www.afa.asn.au/afa-code-conduct
I hereby apply for Membership of The Association of Financial Advisers Ltd. I have read the requirements for such membership and fully appreciate the responsibility which this implies. If admitted, I agree to abide by the Constitution, By Laws and Code of Conduct now in force or as from time to time amended, and I affirm that the answers given to the questions on this form of application are true to the best of my knowledge.
I agree that I shall:
- Act with the utmost integrity which encompasses the highest standards of professional conduct, honesty, and ethics.
- Act in the best interests of my clients in seeking to extend and secure their financial wellbeing.
- Do not allow conflicts of interest to influence my actions inappropriately. Always place the client’s interests before my interests.
- Educate my clients in financial matters and help them to understand the decisions that they are making.
- Provide professional service that is aligned to my clients’ circumstances and my agreements with them.
- Strive to achieve high standards of professional expertise by maintaining and improving my knowledge and skills, and those of my staff.