AFA News 21 October 2021. On 20 October 2021, FASEA released information about the education standards being achieved by Australian Financial Advisers.
In 2017, the Corporations Amendment (Professional Standards of Financial Advisers) Bill was approved to raise the education standards of financial advisers.
The data released by FASEA yesterday shows:
- FASEA has approved 67 bachelor’s degrees or higher courses across 27 Higher Education Providers (HEPs).
- At the end of 2020, they estimated that there were 2,800 students studying FASEA approved undergraduate courses/ degrees.
- In 2019, HEPs reported that students were enrolled in 12,054 units of study in FASEA approved courses.
- In 2020, HEPs reported that students were enrolled in 33,703 units of study in FASEA approved courses. (An increase of 180%).
- FASEA has estimated that over 56% of advisers on the FAR have an approved or relevant degree.
Click here to read the full FASEA announcement.
If you are unsure of your education pathway or wish to double-check your pathway, you can contact the Campusafa team for an assessment of your qualifications.
Please email email@example.com for this service.
Issued 21.10.2021. AFA Policy & Education Update